IDEAL FOR SMALL HOMES AND APARTMENTS
The Murphy Bed is an ideal solution anywhere space is limited -- such as small homes and apartments. For use, the Murphy Bed opens and lowers into a normal size bed (sizes Twin, Full, Queen). When not in use as a bed, the Murphy Bed stores in the upright position and becomes an attractive paneled wall unit. Complimentary side cabinets are available that compliment your Murphy Bed and add storage space.
MURPHY BED FEATURES
MURPHY BED DIMENSIONS
- Solidly constructed with a kiln-dried, solid poplar platform frame and a 3/4� thick, A-grade plywood cabinet.
- The face of the Murphy bed features real, solid maple wood doors, constructed with mortise and tenon joinery.
- The patented, state-of-the-art piston lift mechanism makes operation of the bed nearly effortless and extremely fluid.
- All parts are finished by hand utilizing a ten-step process which helps to enrich the wood�۪s natural colors and grain patterns.
- The use of real hardwood veneers results in high-quality furniture that has smooth surfaces and consistent color tones.
- Solid wood, maple base molding and large, solid wood, maple crown molding is standard with every piece in the collection.
- The headboard has an integrated shelf to store small items such as an alarm clock, and is constructed with dowel and pocket joinery.
- Each unit features two elegant canister lights to illuminate the inside of the bed when in use. Three adjustable levels allow you to choose the best setting for your needs. A safety cutoff switch ensures that the lights will never be left on when the bed is closed.
- This furniture is easily assembled and installed thanks to our unique cam locking system and simplified instructions.
- The bed will arrive in two boxes containing six mostly assembled pieces. Once the parts are unpacked, assembly and installation usually takes less than an hour for two people.
* Projection is the distance from the wall to the furthest end of the bed when open.
MATTRESSES AND BEDDING
The Stafford Park Murphy Bed is manufactured to accommodate three industry standard size mattresses: Queen, Full (sometimes referred to as Double), and Twin (sometimes referred to as Single). It features a solid wood platform frame that gives your innerspring mattress the sturdy base it needs to properly support your body. The cabinet is designed to accommodate any standard innerspring mattress as long as it does not exceed 12 inches in total thickness. With a mattress of proper thickness, bed linens can remain in place when the Murphy bed is closed. However, we do recommend removing any pillows or other bulky bedding prior to closing the bed.
COUNTER BALANCE MECHANISM FOR EASY OPERATION
The counter balance mechanism in our Murphy bed designs has been engineered to offset the weight of an innerspring mattress. Some mattresses, like viscoelastic memory foam and latex, are very heavy and will affect how heavy the bed feels when opening and closing. The counter balance mechanism is not affected by this added weight; it will simply make the bed feel heavier to operate.
THE STAFFORD PARK COLLECTION MURPHY BED CARRIES THE FOLLOWING LIMITED WARRANTIES
- Piston Lift Mechanism Parts: Limited Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty
- Other Hardware Parts: 10 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Finishes and All Other Wood Parts: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Model # 931- Behind the upper door of this cabinet, you will find a pull out valet for hanging clothes and two removable, fully adjustable wood shelves plus one fixed partition. The lower section offers one full extension drawer (dovetail) for storage, one pull out night stand shelf, and one door with one removable, fully adjustable wood shelf and one fixed partition.
- Model # 932- Behind the upper door of this cabinet, you will find a pull out valet for hanging clothes and two removable, fully adjustable wood shelves plus one fixed partition, making this section ideal for storage. The bottom section has three large, full extension drawers (dovetail) to tuck away personal items.
- Model # 933- The two removable, fully adjustable shelves in the upper section of this cabinet offer ample space to display your keepsakes. There is also a fixed partition providing additional space. The lower section offers one full extension drawer (dovetail) for storage, one pull out night stand shelf, and one door with one removable, fully adjustable wood shelf and one fixed partition.
- Model # 934- With an upper section that includes two removable, fully adjustable wood shelves and one fixed partition, this cabinet is made for organizing books or displaying your treasures. The lower section incorporates three large, full extension drawers (dovetail) for keeping your items tucked away and safe.